Operation: End Depression


What Can I Do?

If you see any of the symptoms mentioned on the What is Teen Depression? page in any friends or family, or even in yourself, immediately contact someone who can help them.

First: Talk to an adult.  We know you hear this all the time, and especially when you're a teenager, this is something that seems so lame, but in this situation, they have more experience and capabilities to help you. Many of them having gone through the same kind of thing before. 

If you need to talk someone, or if you need to get somebody to help, contact somebody right away. There are many professionals, or even people like you who are willing to talk to you or your loved one and make life fun again.

If they or you start to have serious thoughts, even thoughts of suicide, don't hesitate. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1(800)273-8255. That way, you can talk to a trained counselor who can arrange an appointment where you can talk, or come up with further solutions.

Or if you don't want to face-to-face counseling, you might want to try some links in the 'resources'  section. Teen STEPS(www.teensteps.org) is a good place to start, with tons of help not only with depression, but also with other various aspects of life.

Of course, one of the most important things that you can do is to be a friend for them when they need one.  In the end, knowing that there is someone there for them can immensely help them. 

So if you want to help yourself or a loved one, just get yourself out there. There are tons of people willing to help, and tons of great resources. Just try some sites, or find some direct counseling. Just remember: it's all up to you, and you can do it!

 EPS Students can contact Dr. Moore, the school counselor at [email protected] to either talk to her or arrange a meeting.

Mental Health Professionals know better than anybody else how to deal with teen depression.  Pediatricians and physicians can recommend good professionals, but here is the contact information for some in the Kirkland area:

 Loryann Nichols:

11417-124th Ave. NE, STE 204

Kirkland, WA 98033

[email protected]




Tom Johnston:

12623 NE 110th St.

Kirkland, WA 98033

[email protected]




Use this website to find other counselors near you in the Seattle area:  http://www.seattlecounselors.org/counselor_search.php?p=find

Other ways to find a psychiatrist or psychologist are:

Contact your insurance provider.  They can recommend nearby mental health professionals.

Consult the psychiatry department at your local teaching hospital or medical school.

Use the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) to find a local social worker: http://www.helpstartshere.org/find-a-social-worker

This website recommends several other websites:



Members Area

Recent Forum Posts

Newest Members